The Walks galleries
The thumbnail links (left) are displayed in chronological order, with the most recently updated gallery at the top.
These photographs were taken on walks in various parts of Australia.
- Latest imageNorth West
- July 2015The Jatbula Trail is a 60km walk in Nitmiluk National Park.
- September 2010The Larapinta Trail runs west from Alice Springs along the West Macdonnell ranges.
- December 2016 Wilsons Promontory, the most southerly part of Victoria
- October 2012Royal National Park is just south of Sydney.
- Marchl 2012Great Ocean Walk - from Apollo Bay to The Twelve Apostles near Port Campbell in southern Victoria..
- April 2010Kosciuszko and Thredbo - the central alpine and sub-alpine area of Kosciuszko National Park.
- November 2009The Budawangs is the colloquial name for the section of Morton National Park and Budawang National Park bounded (roughly) by Nowra, Batemans Bay and Mongarlowe.
- May 2008Namadgi National Park lies just to the south of Canberra.
- April 2006Mount Jagungal is in the northern end of Kosciuszko National Park.
- February 2005 Nadgee Nature Reserve is on the far south coast, spanning the border between New South Wales and Victoria. These photos are from a walk I did with some friends between December 1999 and January 2000. Apparently Nadgee was the first place in mainland Australia to see the sun on 1 January 2000 (see photo).
- April 2004Mount Bogong is in the Victorian Alps. A fair bit of this walk was burnt in 2003 (Ithink), and I was there in April 2004, so it was interesting to see how the area had responded.
- December 2006Washpool and Gibraltar Range National Parks are located in northern New South Wales.
- August 2005Hinchinbrook Island off the coast of North Queensland. A beautiful tropical island wilderness.
- February 2004 Fraser Island - photos from a short walk on Fraser Island off the Queensland coast.
Latest updates to the "Walks" section
- Walls of Jerusalem National Park 10 May 2017. Added the Walls of Jerusalem National Park walk.
- Wilsons Promontory 04 Mar 2017. Added the four day Wilsons Promontory loop walk
- Larapinta walkers 10 Oct 2016. I walked the eastern half of the Larapinta Trail again in June 2016, but I didn't come back with many images this time. This one was worth keeping though. It was a great trip, even if things didn't exactly go to plan.
- Tarkine Coast 13 Apr 2016. Added the Tarkine Coast walk. I did this walk as part of Tarkine in Motion 2016.
- Jatbula Trail 26 Jul 2015. Added the Jatbula Trail walk, a five or six day walk in Nitmiluk National Park in the Northern Territory.