The Walks galleries
The thumbnail links (left) are displayed in chronological order, with the most recently updated gallery at the top.
These photographs were taken on walks in various parts of Australia.
- Latest imageNorth West
- July 2015The Jatbula Trail is a 60km walk in Nitmiluk National Park.
- September 2010The Larapinta Trail runs west from Alice Springs along the West Macdonnell ranges.
- October 2012Royal National Park is just south of Sydney.
- Marchl 2012Great Ocean Walk - from Apollo Bay to The Twelve Apostles near Port Campbell in southern Victoria..
- April 2010Kosciuszko and Thredbo - the central alpine and sub-alpine area of Kosciuszko National Park.
- November 2009The Budawangs is the colloquial name for the section of Morton National Park and Budawang National Park bounded (roughly) by Nowra, Batemans Bay and Mongarlowe.
- May 2008Namadgi National Park lies just to the south of Canberra.
- April 2006Mount Jagungal is in the northern end of Kosciuszko National Park.
- February 2005 Nadgee Nature Reserve is on the far south coast, spanning the border between New South Wales and Victoria. These photos are from a walk I did with some friends between December 1999 and January 2000. Apparently Nadgee was the first place in mainland Australia to see the sun on 1 January 2000 (see photo).
- April 2004Mount Bogong is in the Victorian Alps. A fair bit of this walk was burnt in 2003 (Ithink), and I was there in April 2004, so it was interesting to see how the area had responded.
- December 2006Washpool and Gibraltar Range National Parks are located in northern New South Wales.
- August 2005Hinchinbrook Island off the coast of North Queensland. A beautiful tropical island wilderness.
- February 2004 Fraser Island - photos from a short walk on Fraser Island off the Queensland coast.
Latest updates to the "Walks" section
- Tarkine Coast 13 Apr 2016. Added the Tarkine Coast walk. I did this walk as part of Tarkine in Motion 2016.
- Jatbula Trail 26 Jul 2015. Added the Jatbula Trail walk, a five or six day walk in Nitmiluk National Park in the Northern Territory.
- Purnululu 12 Feb 2014. Updated the Purnululu (Bungle Bungles) Piccaninny Creek walk with new, re-scanned and reprocessed images. All these images are scanned from 35mm transparencies, and after a bit of post-processing I think they've come up really well. I've discovered that darktable is just as happy processing the TIF files from my scanner as it is processing the raw files from my digital camera, so I think I'll re-scan and process a bit more of my film archive using it.
- Wog-Wog to Styles Creek 26 May 2013. Added another Budawangs walk: Wog-Wog to Styles Creek.
- Heathcote Creek / Uloola Falls loop 03 Oct 2012. Added the Heathcote - Uloola Falls loop walk . This is an easy, two-night walk just south of Sydney.