The Walks galleries
The thumbnail links (left) are displayed in chronological order, with the most recently updated gallery at the top.
These photographs were taken on walks in various parts of Australia.
- Latest imageNorth West
- September 2010The Larapinta Trail runs west from Alice Springs along the West Macdonnell ranges.
- October 2012Royal National Park is just south of Sydney.
- Marchl 2012Great Ocean Walk - from Apollo Bay to The Twelve Apostles near Port Campbell in southern Victoria..
- April 2010Kosciuszko and Thredbo - the central alpine and sub-alpine area of Kosciuszko National Park.
- November 2009The Budawangs is the colloquial name for the section of Morton National Park and Budawang National Park bounded (roughly) by Nowra, Batemans Bay and Mongarlowe.
- May 2008Namadgi National Park lies just to the south of Canberra.
- April 2006Mount Jagungal is in the northern end of Kosciuszko National Park.
- February 2005 Nadgee Nature Reserve is on the far south coast, spanning the border between New South Wales and Victoria. These photos are from a walk I did with some friends between December 1999 and January 2000. Apparently Nadgee was the first place in mainland Australia to see the sun on 1 January 2000 (see photo).
- April 2004Mount Bogong is in the Victorian Alps. A fair bit of this walk was burnt in 2003 (Ithink), and I was there in April 2004, so it was interesting to see how the area had responded.
- December 2006Washpool and Gibraltar Range National Parks are located in northern New South Wales.
- August 2005Hinchinbrook Island off the coast of North Queensland. A beautiful tropical island wilderness.
- February 2004 Fraser Island - photos from a short walk on Fraser Island off the Queensland coast.
Latest updates to the "Walks" section
- Heathcote Creek / Uloola Falls loop 03 Oct 2012. Added the Heathcote - Uloola Falls loop walk . This is an easy, two-night walk just south of Sydney.
- Great Ocean Walk 10 Apr 2012. Added images and trip notes from the Great Ocean Walk on the south coast of Victoria.
- Looking back to Ellery Creek 25 Sep 2011. I've finished re-scanning and re-processing the 2003 Larapinta Trail images. These were taken on 35mm slide film (Kodak Elite Chrome 200 I think), and the old scans look pretty shabby, especially next to the images from the 2010 Larapinta walk (which were taken with a Canon 5D Mk II). I'm surprised how much better the new scans look. I attribute that to a combination of profiling my scanner, using a good monitor (also profiled) and paying more attention to colour balance.
- Dales Gorge to Figtree Crossing 23 Jul 2011. New Karijini walk
- Larapinta Trail - eastern half 05 Sep 2010. Added the eastern half of the Larapinta Trail